Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-30, 30 Amp MPPT Charge Controller
The Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-30 controller's advantage over traditional controllers is higher energy harvesting from the solar array, achieved by pulling the energy out at a much higher voltage. You can wire the solar array at 150VDC to charge a 12, 24 or 48V battery. This also allows the array cable to be smaller, the array to be placed further away and higher voltage panels to be used.
The TS-MPPT-30 solar controller is an advanced MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) battery charger for off-grid PV systems up to 3 kW. It provides the industry's highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
Features of the Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-30 include:
- TrakStar MPPT Technology maximizes energy harvest.
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans.
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection.
- Communication Ports: MeterBus and RS232.
- Standard 5 year warranty.