What is Self-Generation/Net Metering?
This rate option allows eligible self-generators to feed their surplus power into the Hydro-Québec grid in exchange for credits in kilowatthours. These credits are applied to the self-generator's electricity bill. Inversely, if customers do not generate enough power for their needs, they can draw electricity from the grid and benefit from the reliability of Hydro-Québec's power supply.
In addition to sending an electricity bill, payable by the due date, Hydro-Québec sends its self-generation/net metering customers a statement with a detailed breakdown of the electricity they have consumed.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for Hydro-Québec's Self-Generation/Net Metering program you must be able to meet your own electricity needs from a renewable energy source and meet the following requirements:
- Residential or agricultural customers (Rate D or DM, without billed power demand*)
- Small-power business customers (Rate G, without billed power demand*)
*Less than 50 kW
These customers must operate their own generating equipment, located on the same premises as the delivery point specified on their electricity service contract.
Apply for your 20% Renovert Solar Tax Credit Today!
To qualify your Solar Install must meet the following criteria:
- Must be installed on an eligible dwelling
- Installed from March 17th, 2016 to October 1st, 2017
- The Install must be done by a qualified installer
- The Install must exceed $2,500, up to a maximum tax credit of $10,000