PV System Commissioning
Commissioning may seem like an unnecessarily time-consuming and complex exercise, but it is a critical step in the installation process. Commissioning is a way to formalize quality control of installed PV systems. The process ensures that systems are safe and performing as per their specifications. HES has the equipment and experience to perform an intense evaluation of your PV System. We will provide a detailed report of how the system is currently operating including the required utility test and independent engineer certificates.
HES Commissioning plans are designed to protect the PV investments and ensure they continue to perform over their 20 year life span. Our program also helps plant owners who are focus on maximizing the return on investment, our commissioning procedures include;
- Inspect the equipment and compare to the as built drawings and manufacturers recommendations.
- Verifying wiring insulation, methods and terminal torque
- IV Curve Tracing and flash test data comparisons
- Thermal imaging
- Utility requirement testing for power quality and functionality
- Start-up and Shut-down procedures
- OPA independent Engineer certificate
- Provide a snagging list of installer deficiencies
An HES system commissioning will not only ensure that your PV system is ready to commence operation, but we will establish a base point to monitor the health and longevity of the systems performance. With a well established base point, it is easy to predict problems before they can cause significant down times.